Our Commitment to you
We are delighted to announce that Ardoch will re-open for business in mid-June 2021. We are of course very excited to be able to open the doors again and to welcome both new and existing customers alike!
Ardoch has been presented with the “We’re Good To Go” tourism body certification. The accreditation is the official UK mark to signal the efforts put in place by our team, it shows that as a business we have worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines. It also confirms that we have appropriate processes in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
We invite you to read about the preparations and procedures which Ardoch has implemented in order to provide a safe environment for our guests.
Ardoch has a reputation for high standards of cleanliness with well-established cleaning processes and training in place. We have further enhanced our procedures and continue to take robust measures to ensure that the wellbeing of our guests and team members remains of paramount importance.
Ardoch is an exclusive use venue. To be present on property, you either need to be a guest, a staff member or a pre-authorised (and health-screened) partner. With only 18 bedrooms, each designed with privacy in mind, and in a countryside location set on 133 acres, we are ideally suited to naturally allow for plenty of space and fresh air for our guests to enjoy.
General Practices & Protocols,
Enhanced Cleaning & Disinfection Policies
- Temperature checks will be taken daily before entering the building for any staff returning on site
- All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes
- All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell
- All team members will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating
- All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate
- The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing, wherever possible
- The organiser of the event will be asked to complete a pre-arrival health questionnaire on behalf of the group attending. It is on the onus of the organiser to ensure answers are correct.
- Your temperature will be taken at the initial entrance point to the building, and if it is 38 degrees or above, you will be declined entry and your deposit refunded or your stay re-scheduled.
- Please respect the social distancing measures in place
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care and sanitised it using an electrostatic sprayer
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk
- An amenity kit will be available on request, which includes sanitiser, wipes and face covering
- We have placed individual water bottles in bedrooms, please feel free to take away those that are partly-used as they will be disposed of when you depart
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom
- If as a resident you start to feel unwell during your time at Ardoch, we would please ask you to return to your bedroom immediately, inform the hotel Duty Manager and follow government advice to gain medical assistance.
- If you are non-resident and start to feel unwell, please inform a member of the team who will direct you to an area not in use by other guests and assist you in seeking medical advice and returning home. You must not remain at Ardoch.
- Ardoch’s General Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact him at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter.
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained
- Physical distancing measures will be in place in all common areas. In line with current Scottish government legislation, we will comply with a 1 metre physical distance. As such, we ask that guests do not stand around in groups together, customers are seated for meals, staff will wear face masks when possible to provide them and others added protection, all areas of the building will be well ventilated, and music will be kept to a reduced level to ensure nobody needs to raise their voice.
- It is not practical to implement a one way system throughout the venue but we are fortunate to have plenty of space and with only a maximum 18 guests staying at any one time, we have plenty of space
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas to reinforce social distancing message
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at every practical doorway/key public area (welcome area, event areas, toilets, staff areas)
- Housekeeping will be available on request only, guests to vacate room and ventilate prior to housekeeping staff entering
- Additional disinfection will be in place for high-touch room and bathroom areas (Door knobs, TV Remote)
- The Duty Manager is our designated, responsible contact person for all staff and guest COVID-19 related queries
- We have flexible terms and conditions. For group and event bookings please speak directly to us.
Our Business Partners
- We will be receiving visitors and contractors to site by appointment in advance only
- You will be asked a series of health questions on arrival at venue
- Your temperature will be taken at the entrance to the building and if your temperature is 38 degrees or above you will be refused entry
- Deliveries will only be received at the door, suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment
- Access to back of house areas restricted to staff only. No guest tours or contractor use of welfare facilities is permitted
General Practices & Protocols, Food & Beverage
- We ask that if you feel unwell, you do not come to Ardoch
- On arrival at the venue, you will be required to have your temperature checked. If your temperature is 38 degrees or over, you will be asked to return home
- Inside the venue, we have reduced the number of tables in the dining rooms and also offer outdoor space
- We have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods
- For breakfast service, we have suspended our normal help-yourself buffets. Breakfast will be available as a combination of a Chef-served buffet (with a screen between yourself and the buffet & Chef). You will enter the area at one end, select your items which the Chef will plate up for you, and then you collect your plate at the other end of the buffet. This is a one-way area and we would ask you to assist with ensuring there are no long queues.
- For drinks service, we have had to suspend our usual honesty bar service. We are happy to serve any drinks required – please refer to our Drinks List. With lunch and dinner service, please allow the staff to serve you wine and water as we are not able to leave bottles on the tables.
- Salt and pepper shakers will be removed and available on request. They will be sanitized after each use.
- Single use menus will be in place across all outlets excluding our outdoor outlets, these will have wipe-able menus which will be wiped and sanitised after each use.
We look forward to welcoming you very soon to Ardoch.